Reveal Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What & Who is Shaytan?

5 posters

Go down

What & Who is Shaytan? Empty What & Who is Shaytan?

Post by Jibrail Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 am

In Islam, Allah created everything in pairs. The pair for a human is a jinn (genie) ; two beings of higher intelligence created with free and semi-free will. In between the pair of jinn and human there could be many other creations with higher intelligence like jinn and human. Qu'ran tells us that the jinn race was created long, long before the human race and, for a long time, humans were nothing, not even mentioned.

Has there not been over human a long period of time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned? (verse 1) chapter 76.

Allah created al-Ins (human) from sounding clay like unto pottery (14), and Allah created al-Jinn (jinn) from fire free of smoke (15): Then which of the favors of Rabbkum (your Sustainer and Nurturer) will you deny? (verse 16) chapter 55.

Iblis was of the jinn race and was supposedly a devoted servant of Allah. He attained a very high status and was brought close with the Angels. But Allah knew Iblis and the intentions of Iblis well, and therefore the Shayṭān was named Iblis (meaning "desperate"). The angels do not have free will and do not sin, because they do not know how to sin. When Allah created humans, Allah commanded all the angels to prostrate (sujood) to Adam. All angels did so, except Iblis, who refused Allah's direct command.

Iblis was proud and considered himself superior to Adam, since Adam was made from clay and Iblis was created from smokeless fire. For this act of disobedience, Allah cursed the Shayṭān to the Lake of Fire for eternity, but gave the Shayṭān respite until the Day of Judgment at his request. Iblis obtained permission from Allah and vowed that he would use this time to lead all men and women astray to be devoured in the Lake of Fire. Allah grants the request, but warns the Shayṭān that it would have no authority over Allah's sincere abd, devoted servants.

How Shayṭān is described in Qur'ran:

It was We (Allah) Who created human, and We (Allah) know what dark suggestions the human psyche makes to him: for We (Allah) are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein (16) chapter 50, Qur'an.

THE HUMANS
Chapter 114, Verses 6

With the name of Allah, the unconditional Mercy, the eternal Mercy!

Say, “I seek refuge with the Rabb (Cherisher) of humans (1), the King of humans (2), the Elohim of humans (3); -

“From the mischief of the whisperer (of evil), who withdraws (after its whisper) (4), - (The same) who whispers into the hearts of humans (5), among the jinns and among the humans” (6), Qur'an.
Jibrail
Jibrail
Admired Poster
Admired Poster

Male Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2007-10-24

http://bestnasheeds.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What & Who is Shaytan? Empty Re: What & Who is Shaytan?

Post by Azrail Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:11 pm

Some poeple (Muslims) say that Satan was a Angel and some say he was a Jinn, i dont get it?

In the Bible it mentions thats he was an angel before but, as far as i know it hasnt been mentioned in the Qur'an, but it does say "All Angels prostrated themselved before Adam exept Iblis (Satan)". Which doesnt exactly mention what he really was, but it also mention the he was created with smokeless fire.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Azrail
Azrail
Good Poster!
Good Poster!

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

What & Who is Shaytan? Empty Dont think to deeply about your enemy

Post by Isa333 Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 am

Its true, but its NOT really good to actually think about this kind of topic for too long, and at the end of the day, he is an open enemy to mankind. Thats something we should deffenantly know!

As he himself knows his going to rest in Hell, he hates mankind, so he will try his best to drag as many down with himself!

Isa333
Admired Poster
Admired Poster

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Naliakbar Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:15 am

Assalaam O Alikum,
The topic of Is Satan a Jinn or Angel is one which requires a little knowledge in the original language in which the quran was written.

The verse which most apologetics qoute as proof that he is an angel is 18:50 which says:
"Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!"

Unfortunately our friends only qoute the first part of the verse, as a side point to anyone, if you are qouted any thing from any scripture always read the context. When the rest of the verse is read it is quite clear Satan was of the Jinn creation. But how do you answer to the apologetic when he reads to you the first part of the verse, it is rather simple.

In the arabic language you find what is called Tagleeb, which means the majority is pointed out but it applies to everyone in the situation. Like for instance we enter a class of 99 boys and 1 girl, when in arabic we say "All Boy stand up" even the girl will stand because of the rule of Tagleeb. Thus this is why in the passage it is stated that All the angels bowed down except Iblis(satan) because the majority at that point in time were angels.

I hope this helps in your understanding, so for yourself you will be confirmed that satan was a jinn and also that you will be able to answer the apologetic when he tries to confuse you. And as I stated before, ALLWAYS READ THE CONTEXT.
Salaam
Ali

Naliakbar

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jibrail Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:18 pm

WoW, that explains everything, i also checked it up in the Holy Qur'an, indeed Shaitan was a jinn.

Thank you Naliakbar for making it simple and cristal clear Very Happy
Jibrail
Jibrail
Admired Poster
Admired Poster

Male Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2007-10-24

http://bestnasheeds.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naliakbar Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:28 am

salaam,
No problem, im glad to make is simple for everyone to understand.

Salaam
Ali

Naliakbar

Back to top Go down

What & Who is Shaytan? Empty Human and the angels

Post by Ikrah Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Naliakbar wrote:Assalaam O Alikum,
The topic of Is Satan a Jinn or Angel is one which requires a little knowledge in the original language in which the quran was written.

The verse which most apologetics qoute as proof that he is an angel is 18:50 which says:
"Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis.

Selam,
First of all i would like to thank Nalaikbar for his nicely written exaplanation, as you can see "Behold! We said to the angels, Bow down to Adam"

Since Allah has told all angels incuding iblis to Bow Down, this means more then something that we are concentrating on at the moment. Human can be higher rank than the angels as they had to bow down to Adam, this is only because some of us choose the right path from free will (Adam in the begging).

This is the reason why Shaitan really hates humans, he doesnt think that human can be higher rank (status) them himself, he had checked the human (Adam) body including the brain (when still like a statue/shape without soul) and thought to himself that human were weak and can be mislead easily.

Selam (Please let me know if you disagree)

Ikrah
Starting To Post!
Starting To Post!

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Naliakbar Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:42 am

Ikrah wrote:This is the reason why Shaitan really hates humans, he doesnt think that human can be higher rank (status) them himself, he had checked the human (Adam) body including the brain (when still like a statue/shape without soul) and thought to himself that human were weak and can be mislead easily.

Selam (Please let me know if you disagree)
Assalaam O Alikum,
This is true, I also believe that in the eyes of Allah humans are highly reguarded as compared to the other of creations. Part of this i believe, is that the angels do not have free will and therefore dont have the option of disbelieving. as for the jinn, they also have the opportunity to travel back and forth from where we are to the heavens, and therefore a less likely to disbelieve...

humans on the other hand are left to have pure faith in god, no proof outside what we can see and experience.

Again this is just my opinion and has not standing as far as proof is concerned so if someone who is more learned says otherwise please ignore what i have said.

Naliakbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Naliakbar Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:48 am

Assalaam O Alikum, i wanted to update my brothers and sisters about what is the other verse which the apologetics use when trying to disproove Iblis is a Jinn, this is verse

2:34
And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

In the context of this verse, you will not be able to determine that Satan is of the Jinn, however by knowing the rule of Tagleeb it is easy to answer.

Also as a muslim we know that within the quran we are told

None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?

and this is a great example of this substitution for something that is better than what was revealed prior.

Naliakbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum